Sunday 11 August 2013

mum's never-used, prehistoric crochet stuff

(previously mentioned in Disaster!)

Mum found this crochet stuff she'd never used and 'gave' it to me (more on that later).
It's Very Old.


Even the bag is retro:


There are 2 balls of crochet thread:



But it's the books that are the best value.
1st, the Ladybird Book:


with detailed instructions!


Some of which are surprisingly unclear:


And patterns at best old-fashioned:

This is a handkerchief case - bless!
Patronising and un-PC:


Or a bit odd ugly ... ?


here's that last one again, I just can't stop looking at it!


Moving on, the Other Book.

Well.

What can I say?


There are a few high(er) points:




And then it's downhill pretty quickly!




the phone! the jumper! the collar!

nothing. I'm saying nothing.



if only the frame were nicer




But I've saved the piece de resistance for last:


AAAAARRRGGGHHHH!

Anyway, Mum handed this to me a while ago and said something along the lines of "you can have this for now". Which is a bit weird, no? You can't really borrow crochet stuff can you, I mean, what happens when she wants it back? I have, however, decided to use a smidgen of the cream thread to try crocheting a lacy doily. I am not a doily-user, but Mum is so I'll make it for her.

-x-

No comments: