Thursday 1 August 2013

Granny Square Colour Randomiser - what to do, what to do?

I have all these 25g balls of DK acrylic in different colours that I've accrued from 'The Art of Knitting' subscription. In a fit of irony, I've decided to use them to make a zillion granny squares - The Art of Knitting Crochet!!

I thought I'd just pull 3 balls out of the bag, use them in the order they come to hand for 1 square, then start again. If I try & think about what colours to use I'll tie myself in awful knots. 

Now I've done Granny Square #1, I realise that they don't take very long and I'll probably be forever running back & forth to get new balls (please!)
Plus I have this slight OCD thing about 6. So now I'm thinking to use the colours for 2 granny squares, starting the second square with the last colour of the first one.

Or ... 

I dunno!

-x-



2 comments:

tilliemint said...

UPDATE:

It turns out there are only 8 colours to 'choose' from so I'm staying with the above plan but have 1 ball of each colour in my knitting bag to save my legs running up & down stairs ;)

-x-

tilliemint said...

eek! I've just bothered to count and I've got fewer balls of some colours than of others, which throws the randomiser slightly.

Thinking about what to do ...

-x-