Saturday 31 August 2013

crochet update

(this post is from aaaages ago but it was sitting in my drafts folder. don't think I can blame the stoopid fone this time either!)

My First Crochet is finished: 




(it's a washcloth, in case you're wondering!)
I made it from some bamboo DK I've had forever - I think it was the first wool I ever bought & I use it as practice wool for all new stitches, etc. It's a lovely texture & I actually like the neutral browny colour + it has a pretty sheen which you can't see in the picture; but I've never seen it 'make up' so nicely as this DC stitch. Which is why I've decided to keep it, rather than unpicking it. I wonder how it will hold up to being used as a washcloth & thrown in the washing machine ... ?

My Difficult 2nd Project was the 1st crocheted square of the horrible Knit&Stitch patchwork (there will be a post about that soon!). I proudly showed it to Mum who said, "oh, you've made another dishcloth!" (see above). Thanks Mum!
Still, I've mastered what Knit&Stitch call a half-treble stitch.

And now I'm working on this:

It's the 2nd patchwork square and it's in 'treble'. Although the wool looks ghastly up close it's actually nice to crochet with as it's very smooth and the 'fabric' feels nice.
I'm dead excited about this because when I've finished it I'm going to allow myself to try a granny square. And then ... blankets!!!!!


-x-

No comments: