Sunday 23 March 2014

[whisper]

My voice is still mostly absent and my throat HURTS!!! :(((

I'm getting out of breath as well, got up today, showered, changed the bed, had a rest, cooked dinner (for the parentals, who were at church all morning) (sausage casserole), had a rest, went to the shops for more shampoo, had a rest, did some more laundry, had a rest ...

... decided to move furniture around in my room!!








Idiot!

I've got this lovely big room at the top of the house with two windows - a dormer & a velux - (and a cute little en-suite) and I've had it set up as a bedroom + an area to sit, crochet, read, watch stuff on my laptop, work, blog, etc.
It looked like this:
(photos taken from the bed!)


I loved the way the room was split & I love my sitting area (mum calls it a bedsitter, which is cute cos I don't think anyone's talked about bedsitters since the late 1950's) buuuut, I keep feeling like I never see the outside world. I know it's winter and all but I also figured it's cos when I sit at my desk, all I can see is the wall/ceiling.
Or this:

 

 So today I swapped the desk & the chest of drawers, kind of. The desk is now under the window, so if I look up I can see a lovely patch of sky and the branches of a couple of trees (really looking forward to watching their leaves come out) and birds & so on. The chest of drawers is fine under the ceiling where the desk was, in fact I can't help thinking it's better there. 
Not very happy with the 'sitting area' now tho, it needs work



Meanwhile:

Music: Radio 1 Live Lounge TV + Childish Gambino (wow! where has this guy been all my life?)

Listened to: Commentary of the T20 World Cup and More or Less podcast.

Watched: nothing yet, Super League show on iplayer when I finish this post.

On my hook/needles: nothing yet, plan to finish katahdin tonight.

Reading: Red Earth & Pouring Rain by Vikram Chandra, 50% now!

Mood: chilled out, when I don't feel like someone's trying to cut my throat with a rusty chainsaw!

Weather: well! Sunny + squally showers (inc. hail)


-x-

No comments: